Stranded III is the third part of the survival game franchise “Stranded” by Unreal Software. The game is currently in an early development stage. This website is used to blog about the latest progress and to keep you informed.
- Stranded III will have a story mode and random islands like Stranded II
- Art style will be comparable to Stranded II: Low poly, stylized, not realistic. I will use higher resolution textures and slightly more polygons though.
- There are plans to make a multiplayer mode. Maybe it won't be part of the initial release.
Engine, Modding, Requirements
- Stranded III will use Unity 3D (2020 LTS or newer) as game engine
- You will be able to mod nearly everything (even more modding opportunities and freedom than you had in Stranded II)
- The scripting language is Lua (using Moonsharp) combined with a custom definition language
- The system requirements are not defined yet. Unity 3D itself runs with most video cards though. You’ll be able to change settings to make it work with non-high-end PCs.
- This is a hobby project. I'm working on it in my spare time only!
- I'm the only person working on this game. I do not want to work on this project in a team for several reasons:
- I love making games but I do not want to coordinate and manage other people in my spare time
- I want to do things my way, have 100% freedom and be entirely independent from others
- I only want to work on Stranded III when I really want to and not when other people want to
- Working with others on a hobby project is risky because anyone can decide to quit anytime - possibly leading to difficult situations
- Working alone makes it easier to create a consistent code base and art style
- There is no time schedule. It's possible that there is zero progress for weeks or months.
Release, Platforms, Price
- There is NO FIXED RELEASE DATE! Please don’t ask for it. I don’t know it and can’t estimate it!
- Stranded III will be released for PC (Windows). Linux and MacOS versions might follow later.
- Mobile, console or browser versions are currently NOT planned
- I will probably try Steam Direct for one way of distribution
- The game will either be completely free or available for a low and affordable price
What is Stranded I and II?!
Stranded I and II are 3D first person survival games. I made them a long time before the survival genre became mainstream and well known. Stranded I was released in 2003, Stranded II in 2007. There were only very few other survival games. There was no Minecraft back then. Take a look at UnrealSoftware.de or StrandedOnline.de if you want to learn more about the predecessors of Stranded III!