Stranded III is the third part of the survival game franchise “Stranded” by Unreal Software.
The game is currently in a very early development stage. This website is used to blog about the latest progress and to keep you informed.
- Stranded III will have a multiplayer mode
- It will have a story mode and random islands like Stranded II
- I’m aiming for a style and gameplay which is a bit more realistic than Stranded II but this doesn’t exclude funny elements
Engine, Technique, Requirements:
- Stranded III will use Unity 3D (v. 4 or higher) as game engine
- You will be able to mod nearly everything (even more modding opportunities and freedom than you had in Stranded II)
- The scripting language is Lua combined with my own basic definition language
- The requirements are uncertain. Unity3D itself runs with most video cards though. You’ll be able to change settings to make it work with non-high-end PCs.
Release, Platforms, Price:
- There is NO FIXED RELEASE DATE! Please don’t ask for it. I don’t know it and can’t estimate it!
- Stranded III will be released for PC and Windows first, but MacOS and Linux versions are possible (a Linux dedicated server is planned)
- Mobile and console versions are NOT planned
- I will probably try Steam Greenlight for the release
- The game will either be completely free or available for a low and affordable price
Take a look at www.unrealsoftware.de if you want to learn more about the predecessors of Stranded III!